The pure nature of this Cap Classique calls for authentic food of the highest simplicity: pear poached in Kaaimansgat Blanc De Blancs with fresh bay leaf and star anise - enjoyed of course, with a glass of the Blanc de Blancs. This is happiness.
- 6 large bosch pears
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 bottle Cape tawny
- 1 bottle Kaaimansgat Blanc De Blancs
- 4 whole star anise
- 5 cloves
- 2 stalks fresh bay leaves
1. Peel the pears and keep in lemon water until needed.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes to dissolve and infuse.
3. Add the pear and cook over very low heat with lid on for 10 minutes, leave to cool in the syrup.